Matcha Affogato - The Ultimate Summer Time Recipe
Warm, emerald green matcha meets cool vanilla ice cream for a verdant take on traditional affogato.
You may have heard of the traditional affogato, where espresso is poured over vanilla ice cream. Well we are taking that to another level with our signature Matcha Infused Affogato.
We had Matcha in our cabinet and we had UpStar ice cream, so of course our first thought was MATCHA AFFOGATO! We couldn’t resist this creamy green goodness.
The trick to good matcha is to keep if from clumping, so be sure to add just a little bit of water at first, and blend to form a paste. Use a small metal whisk to ensure you have removed all clumps. For the best results make sure you source high-quality matcha that's bright green and fresh. Mizuba Tea Co is a great local company from Portland that sources high quality pure Matcha.
- 2 teaspoons (about 3-4g) matcha green tea powder
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) hot water (at 175ºF)
- ½ cup (120 ml) Vanilla Dream Ice Cream
- Pour matcha in a small bowl. Add a few drops of hot water and whisk to form a paste. After all clumps are removed, gradually add the rest of the hot water, whisking until smooth.
- Scoop ice cream into separate bowl for eating
- Pour matcha over ice cream and serve
Hope you enjoy this delicious and photo worthy dessert :)
Share your creations with us by using the following hashtag: #upstarcreation
*Recipe brought to you by UpStar Ice Cream*